Wednesday 9 June 2010

Not *quite* unrequited...

"I know you're scared, and I am too,
We've both had our hearts ripped apart in two.

I've managed to piece mine back together again,
And for you, I want to be the one to do the same.

And how can I know that you'll be careful with mine?
I don't want a promise, just try not to and that's fine.

And if it doesn't work out, then what have I got?
Another broken heart, but I think it's worth a shot."



Poetry, I used to love it at school. Words are powerful and they can be so many things- emotive, empty, healing... they need to be taken in context.
Words can mean different things to different people.
Words can mean one thing on their own but take on another life when matched with others.

I was driving back from visiting my sister in London today, the 5 hour drive from London to Newcastle gave me ample thinking time about a situation I find myself in, and from that these words started to form in my head, by mistake really- it certainly wasn't on purpose.
I understand their meaning, and I'm guessing another person would if I had the strength to send them... but for now I'll hide behind the same self-preservation mask I've been using :(

No comments:

Post a Comment